Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Description EditSalad with chopped eggs.
La Salade is so important in French cuisine that in Senegal it may be used both as an appetizer or as a salad following the main dish. When serving the entrée, present the Yassa first and then bring your Salade Côte Cap Verte. It is correct to serve French bread at this time.
- 2 to 3 cups of any available greens as lettuce, spinach, watercress or romaine, cut in coarse chunks
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup salad oil (use part olive oil If possible)
- ½ cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or crushed cloves)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp salad herbs
- 2 tbsp honey
- In a salad bowl: combine 2 to 3 cups of any available greens as lettuce, spinach, watercress, romaine, cut in coarse chunks. Arrange in mounds on 6- to 7-inch salad plates. Chop 4 hard boiled eggs finely (or put through sieve). Sprinkle eggs heavily over the mound of greens.
- In a jar: combine: 1 cup salad oil (use part olive oil if possible), ½ cup tarragon vinegar, 1 tsp garlic powder (or crushed cloves), 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp freshly ground pepper, 1 tbsp salad herbs and 2 tbsp honey. Shake thoroughly.
- Serve dressing separately.