- 1 small mignonette lettuce, separated, washed and dried
- 100g alfalfa sprouts
- 1 large rip avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 chicory (optional)
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 small bulb fennel, sliced thinly
- ¾ cup walnuts, toasted slightly
- chives or shallots, chopped finely
- 1 cup small croutons (made from tiny squares stale bread, fried in oil and garlic)
- 1 cup French dressing (garlic clove, ¾ cup olive oil, ¼ cup lemon juice)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon csr white sugar
- Line a suitable attractive bowl with lettuce leaves.
- Arrange the other salad ingredients in layers, on the lettuce, finishing with the nuts and chives.
- Cover and place in refrigerator until needed.
- When ready to serve, pour over the dressing and scatter with the croutons.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.