Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes two 9-inch deep-dish pizzas
- 2 prepared 9-inch deep-dish whole wheat crusts
- 1 lbs cut-up fresh vegetables (broccoli buds, cauliflower florets, red and yellow bell pepper rings, sliced red onion, julienne carrots)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup plain tomato sauce
- salt and coarse-ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cup shredded skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Have crusts ready to fill.
- Combine the vegetables with the oil, water, and garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until water evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon tomato sauce over crusts.
- Arrange vegetables evenly over sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with herbs.
- Top with the cheeses.
- Bake on bottom shelf of oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per quarter of a pizza:
- calories 277 | protein 14.2g | fat 6.5g | cholesterol 15.0mg | fiber 4.1grams | sodium 1130mg