Makes two 9-inch deep-dish pizzas
- 2 prepared 9-inch deep-dish whole wheat crusts
- 1 lbs cut-up fresh vegetables (broccoli buds, cauliflower florets, red and yellow bell pepper rings, sliced red onion, julienne carrots)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup plain tomato sauce
- salt and coarse-ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cup shredded skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Have crusts ready to fill.
- Combine the vegetables with the oil, water, and garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until water evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon tomato sauce over crusts.
- Arrange vegetables evenly over sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with herbs.
- Top with the cheeses.
- Bake on bottom shelf of oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per quarter of a pizza:
- calories 277 | protein 14.2g | fat 6.5g | cholesterol 15.0mg | fiber 4.1grams | sodium 1130mg