- 3 packages of frozen cassava leave
- 1 package of frozen spinach (or fresh)
- 2 green sweet pepper(cleaned and finely chopped)
- half habanero pepper ,chopped
- 1 small package of green onions
- 1 big red onion roughly chopped
- 1 big red onion cut in round
- 6 big cloves of garlic ,mashed
- salt,black pepper to taste
- 1 and half of palm oil
- half cup of Peanut butter
- 1 liter of water
- You need to be patient when cooking this dish, it should delicious when well done.
- So, put all the ingredients together in the pan except: Peanut butter, palm oil, Onion cut in round. The water shoud cover the veggie.
- Let it boil till the cassava leaves are tender when you taste, if not soft add more water.the secret is to have them soft before the final step (oil and Peanut butter).
- Once the veggies are soft, you should have at least 1 cup of water left, if not add so and set the pan aside.
- In a small container melt the Peanut butter with some oil and pour over the veggies, mix them all together;
in a frying pan heat the remaining oil till start to smoke,
- Then add the onions and then pour onto the the veggies and return the pan to the fire. Mix everything together and let it simmer for 15 minutes and ajust the spices.Serve with cassava or foufou or rice, bread or boilled yuca.
- Just be patient when cooking saka saka or pondou.Use canola oil if dont have palm oil.Good luck....SOLEIL