- 1 pound cow meat (hip)
- ˝ cup oil
- 1 cup green peas, peeled
- 2 cups white Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato, peeled and finely chopped
- ˝ cup ground spicy red pepper
- ˝ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano, crumbled
- ˝ fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ˝ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 spoonful salt
- 3 cups broth or cold water
- Cut the meat into very small pieces.
- In a casserole combine the meat with all the other ingredients, including the broth or water.
- Set to cook over high heat until it boils and later over low heat, for at least an hour or until everything is very well cooked. If the preparation dries a little, add broth or hot water. It must be very juicy.
- Serve in a deep plate with one cooked Potato, steamed rice or chuńo phuti and uncooked sauce. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley on top.
One unique twist in flavor is to substitute the water for beer, this wil provide a intense and unexpected flavor.