Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lean boneless beef chuck (5 lb) roast
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1½ tsp rubbed dried sage
- ½ tsp salt substitute
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 6 each red potatoes, cut in half
- 4 each carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- 2 each onions, quartered
- In a dutch oven, brown roast on both sides in oil.
- Season with sage, salt and pepper.
- Add beef broth. Cover and bake at 325 °F for 2½ hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots and onions. Cover and bake 1 hour longer or until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked.
- Remove roast and vegetables to a serving platter and keep warm.
Nutritional information Edit
Diabetic exchange: one serving equals 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable;
- 301 calories
- 59 mg sodium
- 82 mg cholesterol
- 16 gm carbohydrate
- 27 gm protein
- 14 gm fat.