Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Servings: 6
- 2 cup unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 roasting chicken (3 – 4 lbs) (optional)
- 1 tbsp rubbed dried sage
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, onion, parsley, sage and the egg.
- Add enough broth until stuffing is moistened and holds together.
- Stuff loosely into chicken.
- Fasten with skewers to close.
- Place breast side up on a shallow rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake,uncovered, at 375°F for 1¾ to 2¼ hours or until juices run clear.
- Baste several times with pan juices.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (with skin removed after baking):
- 359 calories | 128mg sodium | 85mg cholesterol | 26gm carbohydrate | 42gm protein | 8gm fat
- Diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat | 2 starch | 1 vegetable