Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Servings: 6
- 2 cup unseasoned dry bread cubes
- 1 egg (or egg substitute)
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 roasting chicken (3 – 4 lbs) (optional)
- 1 tbsp rubbed dried sage
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, onion, parsley, sage and the egg.
- Add enough broth until stuffing is moistened and holds together.
- Stuff loosely into chicken.
- Fasten with skewers to close.
- Place breast side up on a shallow rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake,uncovered, at 375°F for 1¾ to 2¼ hours or until juices run clear.
- Baste several times with pan juices.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (with skin removed after baking):
- 359 calories | 128mg sodium | 85mg cholesterol | 26gm carbohydrate | 42gm protein | 8gm fat
- Diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat | 2 starch | 1 vegetable