- Cook Time: About an hour
- Serves: 4
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage leaves
- 1¼ cups, low sodium, nonfat chicken broth
- 12 ounces, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked, long-grain rice
- 14 ounce can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
- In large pan, add the onion, garlic, celery, carrots, sage and broth. Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low then cover and let simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the zucchini and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender then serve.