Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium-grain rice
- pinch of powdered saffron
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 3 cups water
- 1½ cups frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Cook onion in butter in large skillet over medium heat until soft.
- Add rice and saffron; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- Increase heat to medium high; stir in 1 cup broth. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until broth is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup broth and water, allowing each cup to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency. It will take approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in peas, cheese, salt, cream, lemon juice and pepper sauce; serve immediately.