Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Kashmiri, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- If rice needs washing, wash and drain thoroughly.
- If using an electric rice cooker, dissolve kebab marinade and saffron in a cup of hot water, then make up to one litre with cold water.
- Pour over rice, stir in salt and Sultanas, switch on.
- The rice cooker will automatically cook the rice, then adjust temperature to keep the rice warm until you are ready for it.
- If using a saucepan, make sure it has a well fitting lid.
- Bring to the boil, then turn heat as low as possible and cook for fifteen minutes.
- Remove from heat, leave five minutes longer without uncovering. Uncover, allow steam to escape for a few minutes.
- Fluff rice grains with a fork and serve with a metal spoon. A wooden spoon would crush the grains.
- Scatter green peas and pine nuts over to garnish.