- Ethnicity - Rajasthani, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 100 g sangar
- 1 tejpatta
- 4 tbsp mustard oil
- 5 – 6 red chiles (dry and sabut)
- 1 tsp mustard (ground)
- ½ cup curd
- a pinch hing
- 5 – 7 pieces amchur (dry and sabut)
- ½ tsp jeera
- water for soaking
Masala paste Edit
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp red chile powder
- ½ tsp haldi
- 1 tsp each garam masala and amchur
- ½ tsp dhaniya powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- Soak the sangar in haldi water for whole night.
- Put it in a pressure cooker and wait for 1 whistle.
- Turn off the gas. Strain the sangar through a strainer.
- Keep the strained water aside. Heat mustard oil in a kadahi.
- Now give tadka by adding mustard (ground), hing, jeera and sabut red chilly.
- When the tadka is ready add the masala paste.
- Add curd, sangar and soaked amchur (soak it for a ½ hour). Add to the kadahi.
- If required add the strained water. Cook it for 10 – 15 minutes.
- You can enjoy this vegetable for 8 – 10 days if kept in a refrigerator.
- Serve hot with dal Ke Parathe.