- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup lightly drained plain yogurt (drain about 1 hr - easiest method is to place the yogurt in a coffee filter and let stand)
- Place damp spinach in a saucepan, cover and cook until wilted.
- Drain and squeeze to remove excess water.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, sauté Onion at low heat until golden, add garlic and sauté briefly, then add spinach, and cook for a minute or two more.
- Let cool. In a bowl, smooth yogurt and add spinach mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.