- 1 cup of eggplant, diced
- 1 cup of pumpkin, diced
- ½ cup of potato, diced
- ½ cup of radish, diced
- 3 cups of spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon of panch phoron
- ½ teaspoon of ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of mustard paste or powder
- 1 red chilly, halved
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 8-10 pieces of bori, deep-fried, optional
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, and add the red chilly and panchforan.
- When the seeds turn brown, add potato and radish.
- Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and eggplants and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped spinach and stir-fry the whole mixture for 2–3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, half cup of water, salt, sugar and mustard paste/powder.
- Cook , covered, on medium to low heat until the potato and radish are done.
- Mix the deep fried boris.
- Serve in room temperature.
You can omit or substitute any vegetable that you like. Sweet potatoes, beans etc. also go well. Spinach can be substituted with other leafy vegetables - but the amount should be adjusted. The dish should be dry - so adjust the amount of water accordingly.