This recipe doesn't sound very appetizing, but I promise it's delicious. My roommate and I were sitting around smoking pot and we got hungry so we decided to cook something. This sandwich came together on its own as I started cooking and adding ingredients. I've tried it sober a few times since and confirmed that it is indeed tasty.
- Calories: About 500 – 600 (just an estimate based on Calorie King's listings)
- 2 slices of wide-sliced bread (No Wonderbread, etc.; best served with a whole-grain, multigrain, or oatnut bread)
- at least 4 finger-length slices of green bell pepper (about 1 cup)
- 2 x ⅛" thick slices of SPAM
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese (this can be substituted with Pepper Jack or just about any sandwich cheese)
- virgin olive oil
- Fry the green bell pepper in a pan with the olive oil until the bell peppers start to brown around the edges and get soft.
- Place the bells on the sandwich bread.
- In the same oil, fry the SPAM until it starts to brown.
- Place it over the top of the bell peppers.
- Now put the sliced cheese over the SPAM to complete the sandwich.
- Pour any excess oil out of the pan and brown both sides of the bread like you would a grilled cheese sandwich, allowing the cheese to melt.