Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- A young pigs head and 4 trotters or 3 lbs. meaty Pork
- 4 large limes , squeezed
- salt to taste
- 1 medium Onion, chopped very fine
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 hot pepper, deseeded and chopped
- Wash and clean Pork very well. Place in a large saucepan of boiling water and simmer until tender.
- Remove the meat from the saucepan and plunge into cold water.When cool, remove and cut into bit sized pieces. Skin and cut the pig tongue into lengthway slices and cut trotters in half.
- Put the Pork into a bowl and make a brine with the lime juice, water and salt to taste. (About 2 cups of brine)
- Mix this with the Onion, cucumber and pepper, then pour over the meat.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Garnish with parsley.