Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This herring salad is a fresh and unusual addition to a brunch meal or cold buffet.
- 1 apple (Red Delicious or other sweet variety)
- 5 – 6 slices pickled red beet
- 2 – 3 fillets marinated or spice pickled herring
- ½ – ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- Take about half a cup of mayonnaise and stir well to prevent it from lumping.
- Cut the herring into small slices and the apple and beet into small cubes.
- Add to the mayonnaise and mix well.
- The salad should be a rose-pink colour - if not, add some of the juice from the beets.
- Serve with rye bread or crackers.