Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lb Stewing Beef, cut into 1/2- inch pieces
- 1 med Onion, chopped
- 2 tbl peanut oil
- 3 lrg Green plantains, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
- 4 tbl Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 lrg tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped coarse
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- Brown the Beef and the Onion in the oil in a heavy casserole.
- Rub the plantain slices with the lemon juice and add them to the browned Beef and onions.
- Cook for 5 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly to make sure they do not stick.
- Add the remaining ingredients and water to cover.
- Cover the casserole and cook over low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add more water if needed, and stir occasionally so the ingredients do not stick.