Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Cozonaci rusesti
- 2 lbs / 1 kg flour
- 22 yolks
- ½ lb / 250 g melted butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup milk
- 10 oz / 300 g confectioner's sugar
- grated peel from ½ lemon and ½ orange
- ¼ ground vanilla stick
- 3 oz / 80 g yeast
- butter and bread crumbs for the pan
- egg for washing the dough
- Over the yeast mixed with 1 teaspoon of sugar, pour 2 - 3 tablespoons tepid milk and add 2 - 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Mix everything very well. Cover and leave in a warm spot.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl, pour the scalded milk over 3 - 4 tablespoons of flour, mixing very well.
- Cover with a cloth and let cool off.
- When it is only a little warm, add the previously made starter, which has risen.
- Mix well, sprinkle some flour on top, cover and leave again in a warm spot until well risen.
- In the meantime, beat the yolks with the sugar in a bowl sitting in a bowl with hot water.
- When the sugar is melted and the mixture warm, pour, a little at a time, over the starter, also adding a little flour, salt, vanilla, lemon and orange peel.
- Mix everything very well to make a homogenuous paste.
- Sprinkle some flour on top, cover and let rise again in a warm place.
- Now you start kneading, adding tepid melted butter , tepid oil and tepid honey.
- Keep kneading until the dough starts to easily come off your hands.
- Cover and let rise until it triples in bulk.
- Then take a piece of dough and place in the pan, greased and sprinkled with bread crumbs.
- Fill only ⅓ of the pan with dough.
- Cover and leave in a warm spot until it almost fill the whole pan.
- Wash the surface of the dough with an egg-water mixture and set into the oven, first at slow heat until it rises some more, then increase the heat to medium.
- On the average, it should be baked for 1 hour.
- Test with a cake tester.
- When it is done, remove from the pan and onto a cloth and let cool off.