Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- In a large soup pot, cover the beef, tomatoes, onion, bay leaf, and garlic with the cold water.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Simmer, covered, for 2 – 3 hours.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the cabbage, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
- Before serving, add the lemon juice and garnish each serving with a dollop of the sour cream.