- For four - five persons
- 200 g margarine or butter
- 2 dl sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 dl wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 dl sweet bread crumbs (e.g. crumbled biscuits)
- 2 dl ground almonds (approx. 80 g)
- 1 dl single cream
- solid raspberry jam
To moisten Edit
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grind the almonds and combine them with the bread crumbs.
- cream the butter or margarine and sugar together.
- Add one egg at a time, beating the mixture well after each egg.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and stir into the mixture.
- Add the cardamom, bread crumbs and almonds and finally the cream.
- Mix lightly but do not unnecessarily stir the mixture.
- Grease a muffin mould and put a equal amount of the mixture into the hollows.
- Leave room for the mixture to raise in the hollows.
- Using a floured fingertip, press a hole in the middle of each muffin.
- Place about half a teaspoonful of jam or marmelade on each muffin.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Boil the water and melt the sugar in it.
- Flavour with the alcohol.
- Moisten the baked muffins with the liquid.
- When the muffins are still hot, add another half a teaspoonful of jam in the middle.
- Let the muffins cool.
- Combine the icing sugar and water or lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Pour the liquid icing around the jam.