Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- About 1 cup milk
- vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
- Stir in Sugar, then add egg, butter and just enough milk to form a soft, but not sticky, dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until smooth.
- Divide dough in 8 to 12 pieces; shape each piece into a ball. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape balls into flat cakes.
- Using the back of a metal spoon, make a shallow indentation in the top of each cake.
- Heat a deep-fat fryer two-thirds full of oil to 375 degrees F.
- Fry a few cakes at a time for 5 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve fritters in individual bowls topped with syrup.
- Place all ingredients in a heavy saucepan.
- Bring slowly to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Turn heat down and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, or until mixture thickens to a syrup.
- Remove cinnamon stick.
- For a more distinct rum flavor, you may wish to omit the rum while the syrup is cooking, then add the rum after you remove the saucepan from the heat.