- 3 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
- 1 or 2 hot red chilies, sliced and seeded
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste, dissolved in ½ cup water and strained
- 1 small green banana, sliced (optional)
- Arrange the cucumber and any 3 or more of the fruits in separate heaps on a serving platter.
- In a food processor chop fine the peanuts, then blend in the chilies, brown sugar, tamarind, liquid, and banana (if used) to form a paste.
- It is traditional to serve the sauce and fruit separately.
- Each diner may then select the fruit and dip it into the thick sauce.
- The modern method is to toss the fruit and sauce together and serve the salad at room temperature.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.