Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rice with vermicelli
- 450 g (1 lb) long-grain rice
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil, for frying
- 50 g (2 oz) vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan, crush the vermicelli by hand and fry over medium heat for 1 or 2 minutes.
- When vermicelli becomes brownish, add 150ml (¼ pint) water, cover pan and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Set aside in pan.
- Wash rice, drain and place in a medium saucepan.
- Add 400ml (14fl oz) of boiling water, olive oil, salt and cover pan.
- Boil for 10 minutes, until water has evaporated.
- Add the cooked vermicelli to the rice by folding in gently, cover and simmer for 10 minutes on very low heat.