Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This crab dish is well worth the effort!
- 2 dungeness crabs, cleaned
- 2 onions, one whole and one minced
- 1 carrot
- ¼ lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons old cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare crabs, clean them and put them in a large pot.
- Place one whole onion and 1 carrot into a pot of salted water (sprinkle of salt only!) boil for 20 minutes.
- Shells will change colour when done.
- Remove from pot and cool.
- Remove meat from shells.
- In a large frying pan, saute mushrooms and onions until onions are tender.
- Add crabmeat, Worcerstershire sauce, and toss until well blended.
- In a bowl, mix flour and milk until smooth and creamy.
- Add to crab mixture and stir constantly for about 5 minutes over medium heat until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Fill 2 shells with crab mixture.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Bake until cheese melts (about 4 minutes).