Rotini with Steamed Vegetables from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- ¾ lb. red new potatoes, cut into ½ inch wedges
- 1 cup frozen broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ½ cup frozen snap pea pods
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook rotini pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, place steamer basket in a 3-quart saucepan filled with ½ inch of water.
- Fill basket with potatoes, broccoli and carrots.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and steam for five minutes.
- Add pea pods, cover and steam 2–3 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place steamed vegetables in a medium bowl and toss with cooked rotini, olive oil, parsley, dill and salt until well coated.