Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rotini with Steamed Vegetables from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 1 cup uncooked rotini pasta
- ¾ lb. red new potatoes, cut into ½ inch wedges
- 1 cup frozen broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup baby carrots
- ½ cup frozen snap pea pods
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook rotini pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, place steamer basket in a 3-quart saucepan filled with ½ inch of water.
- Fill basket with potatoes, broccoli and carrots.
- Bring water to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low and steam for five minutes.
- Add pea pods, cover and steam 2–3 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Place steamed vegetables in a medium bowl and toss with cooked rotini, olive oil, parsley, dill and salt until well coated.