Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I created this to celebrate my bit of Cajun heritage on Mardi Gras 2004 (many of my father's family lived near Lake Charles, Louisiana)! If you're not into hot and spicy andouille sausage, any smoked sausage can be substituted, but try to use rotini or any other similar pasta (penne, rigatoni or mostaccioli works well, too).
- 1 lb andouille sausages, sliced (or other smoked sausage, if you don't like really hot sausage)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2½ cups cooked rotini pasta (or similar "chunky" pasta)
- Brown sausage well in a large saucepan.
- Drain off fat, then add onions and garlic and cook over lower heat until transparent but not browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, Tabasco sauce, oregano, thyme and chili powder; combine thoroughly and simmer together for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve with rotini.