Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
German mixed berry pudding. "Rubies in springtime". A traditional German dessert posted in response to a recipe request. I estimated the measurement of the cornstarch
- 2¼ lbs currants or raspberries or brambleberries or strawberries or sour cherries or plums (assorted red fruits, in any combination)
- ½ cup sugar (or more to taste, depending on the tartness of the fruit)
- 1 quart water
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup rum (optional)
- milk or cream, to serve with the dessert
- Wash fruit and pick through for stems (reserve ¾ cup).
- Combine the remaining fruit with water (reserving 1 cup), and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook fruit over medium heat until done but still holding its shape.
- Sweeten to taste with more sugar, if needed.
- Stir corn starch into reserved water until dissolved and stir into the juice.
- Bring to boil, cook until thickened, and remove from heat.
- Blend in the rum if desired.
- Mash reserved, uncooked fruit in blender and stir into the thickened juice.
- Eat Rote Grütze either hot or cold and serve with cold milk or cream.