Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 600 ml (20 fl oz, 2 1/2 cups milk)
- 50 g (2 oz) ground almonds
- 40 g (1 1/2 oz) rice four
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 t ground ginger
- 350 g (12 0z) Berries or currants, fresh or defrosted
- 75 g ( 3 oz) Sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons wine vinegar (don't worry—used by ancient Rome to
- emphasize the flavor of the fruit)
- crystallized petals to decorate
minutes. Meanwhile, mix the spices with the rice flour in a pan, then
gradually add the hot almond milk. Coo them together till the mixture
thickens slightly. Add the fruit with the Sugar. Cook them all together
gently till the Sugar is melted and the fruit will mixed—it should not
totally disintegrate although it should be partially mushed. Add the
vinegar to taste and spoon the desert into glasses. Chill for a couple
of hours but serve at room temp., decorated with another berry or with a
crystallized rose or violet petal.