Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 4
- 2 lbs potatoes
- ¾ cup grated Swiss cheese
- 4 oz fatty bacon, cut into thin strips
- ⅜ cup butter
- Put unpeeled potatoes in pan of salted water and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are just cooked.
- Drain and when cool, peel off skins.
- Grate into a bowl and add the cheese.
- Fry bacon strips in one third of butter for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked.
- Drain and add to potatoes.
- Season well.
- Turn mixture onto a pieces of foil and shape into a circle the size of the skillet.
- To freeze: cover with foil and label. Freeze.
- To thaw: melt the remaining butter in skillet. Add the potato cake and cook gently for 15 minutes on each side. Turn out by placing a serving dish upside down on the skillet and reversing the two.