- Mix everything together by mashing it up with a heavy fork or you can use a food processor. After it is mixed, divide the dough into three balls and refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Roll out one ball at a time to 1/8 inch thickness. (Thinner than 1/8 is better but it is difficult to do. Make sure that you put flour on the board and rolling pin and that will help.) When you have the dough rolled out cut it into long strips about 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide. Then make a slice about every 4 inches to make 2 1/2 X 4 inch rectangles.
- Place 1 teaspoon of jam at the right edge of each rectangle and using a sharp knife to help you roll the strip into a cylinder starting at the jam end. (like a jelly roll)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Arrange the roshki on a plate - I do it in concentric circles - and dust with powdered sugar from a flour sifter. Dobre, dobre.
- For the jam, I use pineapple, peach, plum, lekvar, whatever suits your fancy. Just make sure that it is a good quality jam with lots of fruit.
- The dough will be a little crumbly at first but dust it with flour and keep rolling it out.
- The longest prep time is the rolling up of each cookie/cake. I use bakers parchment on my baking pans. The filling tends to come out during baking and unless you use parchment you will have jam cooked onto your baking pans.