Always check the ingredients to make sure the product is vegan.
- 1 Cup(s) brown,basmati rice
- 1 3/4 Cup(s) water
- 1/4 Teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 Tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium, chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup(s) chopped celery
- 1 clove(s) minced garlic
- 1/2 Cup(s) small, pieces walnuts
- 2 1/2 Tablespoon(s) chopped, fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon(s) tamari
Wash and drain the rice and place it in a heavy saucepan over medium heat.
Bring to the boil, boil for 1 minute, then cover and cook over low heat without stirring for 40 minutes.
Let the rice rest for 10 minutes before removing the lid.
Add the tamari and mix well.
Combine the sauteed mixture with the rice.
Serve immediately or reheat in a casserole.