Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 2 dozen.
- ¾ cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons rose water
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and room temperature
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar on medium speed until pale and foamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in vanilla and 2 teaspoons rose water. Fold in flour mixture. Fold in butter.
- Cover with plastic; chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 400 °F; place rack in center. Coat two scallop-shell pans with cooking spray. Use spoon to fill molds three-quarters full. Bake 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 375 °F. Bake 5 to 8 minutes more, until lightly golden. Immediately tap out madeleines onto a cooling rack. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons rose water.
- Let madeleines cool scallop side up to avoid any creases or lines from rack. Repeat with remaining batter.