Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A recipe using Scented Rose Geranium leaves (Pelargonium Graveolens).
- ½ pound (2 sticks) butter
- 2¼ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- grated zest of ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced rose geranium leaves, plus blossoms and leaves to garnish
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Butter and flour a large bundt pan.
- Cream ½ pound butter and 2¼ cups sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 4 eggs, one at a time, then add 2 teaspoons vanilla, the grated zest of ½ lemon, and 2 tablespoons minced rose geranium leaves.
- In a separate bowl, combine 3 cups all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt, and 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Starting and ending with the dry ingredients, alternately add the flour mixture and 1 cup buttermilk to the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until just set in the middle.
- Cool before removing from the pan, then dust with confectioners’ sugar and sprinkle with rose geranium blossoms and garnish with leaves.