Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Rompope is the Mexican version of eggnog and is traditionally spiked with Rum or in Chiapas, with Comiteca Brandy
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 inches cinnamon bark
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 12 egg yolks
- ½ cup rum, brandy or Comiteca
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, mix together the milk, sugar, cinnamon and baking soda.
- When it begins to boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Set aside to cool, and strain to remove the cinnamon bark.
- Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and whisk or beat with an electric mixer about 5 minutes, until thick and lemon yellow.
- While still beating, slowly pour the cool milk mixture into the yolks.
- Return to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and lightly coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and stop the cooking by pouring the rompope into a bowl (preferably metal) that is resting on ice in a larger bowl.
- Stir until cool.
- Gradually stir in the brandy, rum or Comiteca and it's ready to serve, or it can be lightly covered in the refrigerator.