Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1/2 lb butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lb confectioners' Sugar, divided
- 1/4 lb butter, softened (not melted!)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- cream together butter and Sugar; add flour, coconut, and baking powder.
- Dissolve melted baking chocolate by whisking into boiling water; add to mixture.
- Roll mixture into small 1-inch balls.
- Place balls on greased cookie sheet and, using a fork, press criss-cross to flatten.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 350F, for 10 to 12 minutes until desired doneness (some people like them crispier than others); let cool on a wire rack.
- Make the butter cream filling: cream one-third of the confectioners' Sugar with softened butter and salt in large bowl.
- Blend vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons milk and remaining Sugar into mixture.
- Gradually stir in remaining milk to filling until desired spreading consistency is reached.
- When cookies have cooled completely, sandwich them together with the butter cream filling (or chocolate from melting a slab of milk chocolate over low heat or in microwave).