In Romanian: Pateu din ficat de pasare
- 1 goose liver or 2 – 3 chicken livers
- 2 onions or to taste
- 5 oz / 150 g butter
- pickled peppers and cucumbers
- 1 hard boiled egg
- Cut the onions in quarters. Place into a small saucepan with one tablespoon of butter, the liver and a few tablespoons of water.
- Cover and let boil until all liquid evaporates. Let cool and then grind the liver and onions. Mix this paste with the rest of the butter until creamy.
- Add salt, then place on a plate, smoothing the top. Garnish with the pickled peppers and cucumbers and slices of the egg.