In Romanian: Tocana de carne de vaca
- 2 lbs / 1 kg beef
- 4 - 5 onions
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste or 4 - 5 tomatoes
- Cut the meat in bite sizes, fry a little in lard, add the chopped onion, let it fry a little, add a little water and then let it boil covered at slow heat.
- Add a little water from time to time until the meat is tender.
- Add the tomato paste or peeled and seeded tomatoes (in small chunks), salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and let boil at slow heat until the liquid evaporates almost entirely.
- Serve with polenta.