Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Budinca de mere
- 5-6 tart Apples,
- 2 French baguettes (2–3 days old),
- 3 cups milk,
- 3 eggs,
- 2 oz/50 g Raisins or sour cherries from preserves,
- 1/2 cup Sugar,
- 4 oz/100 g butter,
- 1 teaspoon vanilla,
- butter and bread crumbs for the mold
- Peel, halve, remove seeds and cut Apples in finger thick slices.
- Cut the baguettes in finger thick slices too.
- Dunk each bread slice in a mixture of beaten eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.
- Grease a round mold or pan with butter and arrange soaked bread slices on the bottom and sides.
- On top of the bread slices, arrange Apple slices.
- Then sprinkle with Sugar and Raisins or sour cherries from preserves.
- Then arrange another layer of soaked bread slices, then a layer of Apple slices.
- Sprinkle with Sugar and Raisins or sour cherries from preserves.
- Continue until all Apples are used up.
- The last layer must be bread slices.
- Pour the remaining egg-milk mixture on top. Dot with little pieces of butter.
- Bake until golden. Serve hot.