Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 72 cookies 2 inch size or 6 small cookie sheets of various sizes. If you aren't too fussy, square or random shapes from the edges can be cut with a plastic knife or anything that is safe to use on your rolling surface.
- Cream together the margarine, sugar, vanilla and egg until light and fluffy.
- Add about ¾ of the flour and the baking powder, reserving the rest of the flour for rolling.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Chill the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface until ⅛ inch thick.
- Cut with a cookie cutter.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375°F oven until lightly browned, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cool before storing.
- Decorate with a tiny piece of a cherry, raisin or nut.
Nutritional information Edit
For two small cookies:
- 58 calories | 8 grams carbohydrate | 0 protein | 2 fat | 46 mg. sodium | 10 potassium | 8 mg cholesterol.
- Diabetic exchanges: ½ bread, ½ fat