- ½ cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons solid vegetable fat
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- ⅔ cup seedless raisins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 egg
- a few grains of salt
- First add the sprinkle of salt and the molasses to the fat, and work together in a bowl.
- Add the sugar gradually, and cream the mixture until white and very light.
- Add the well beaten egg and mix.
- Add the raisins, then the oats, and lastly the flour.
- Mix lightly, and press off from the side of a tablespoon onto an oiled baking pan, leaving a little space between, and bake in a medium slow oven, to a delicate brown.