Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Rulada de carne tocata
- 2 lbs / 1 kg ground sirloin
- 5 oz / 150 g bacon
- 2 onions
- 1 crustless white bread slice
- 1 raw egg
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley and dill
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs
- green lettuce or red beets
- Grind the meat with the finely chopped raw or lard fried onions, the soaked and squeezed bread and the bacon.
- Add salt, pepper, chopped parsley and dill and raw egg.
- Mix everything well.
- Roll out a clean wet cloth and place the mixture on it, in the shape of a rectangle with the length triple the width.
- Arrange the hard boiled eggs in a row along the middle of the rectangle.
- Start rolling the meat with the aid of the cloth, so that the eggs are enclosed in the meat.
- Place the rolled meat loaf on a lard greased baking sheet, grease the top with melted lard, spread some bread crumbs on top and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve cut into finger thick slices, garnished with green lettuce or red beet salad.