Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Rulada cu marmelada sau dulceata
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- vanilla or grated lemon peel
- marmalade or preserves
- butter and flour to grease and dust the pan
- confectioner's sugar
- Beat the yolks with the sugar and vanilla, add the whipped egg whites, gently fold them in, gradually add the flour (like a rain).
- Pour the mixture uniformly into a greased and dusted rectangular pan and bake at medium heat.
- Test with the wooden pick to see when it is done.
- When ready, turn onto a wooden cutting board covered with a soaked and squeezed cloth.
- Quickly spread marmalade or preserves on the dough, roll tightly and leave it wrapped in the wet cloth for several minutes.
- Then wrap the roll in a dry cloth and leave it for 2 – 3 hours.
- Then remove the wrap, place the cake onto a long platter, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar and cut into finger thick slices.