Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Prajitura rulata
- 8 oz / 250 g flour
- 2 yolks
- 4 oz / 125 g butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ oz / 15 g yeast
- Mix the yeast with ½ teaspoon sugar, salt, tepid milk and 1 tablespoon flour.
- Cover and leave in a warm space to rise.
- When the starter has risen, add sugar, tepid butter, yolks, vanilla and flour (a little at a time).
- Knead for 15 minutes. Place in a warm place to rise again.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling.
- Set the sugar to boil with the milk and vanilla.
- When the sugar has melted and the syrup starts to boil, add the ground walnuts.
- After a few minutes of boiling, remove from heat, add rum and let cool.
- When the dough has risen, roll into a sheet slightly thinner than a pencil.
- Spread filling over ¾ of the sheet.
- Roll the dough so that the part which is not spread with filling comes on top.
- Place into a long pan, cover and leave in a warm place to rise.
- When it has risen a little, wash with slightly sweetened water, sprinkle some granulated sugar on top and bake at slow heat to start with.
- When the cake has risen nicely, increase the heat.
- Cut when cold, just before serving, into finger thick slices.