Got a hot soup bowl? This cheesy, white-hot soup is made and mixed with vegetable stock, real arugula, potatoes, garlic, and herbs and has a lower hint of garlic.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250 g (8 oz) potato, any kind, diced
- 175 g (6 oz) arugula, chopped
- 1.2 liters (2 pints) vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried crushed chilies
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the potato and stir until coated in oil.
- Add the rocket, reserving a few leaves for garnish. Stir and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Heat the stock and add to the rocket mixture. Season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan and dried chilies. Garnish with rocket leaves to serve. Pair this cheese-based soup with any meal, if desired.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3-5 scoops per bowl