- 2 tablespoons quality olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crashed
- 250 g (8 oz) potato, diced
- 175 g (6 oz) arugula, chopped
- 1.2 liters (2 pints) vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated
- Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed chilies
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Potato and stir until coated in oil. Add the rocket, reserving a few leaves for garnish. Stir and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Heat the stock and add to the rocket mixture. Season with salt and pepper, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan, and dried chilies. Garnish with rocket leaves to serve.