Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 24
- 2 cups self raising flour
- ¼ tsp mixed spice
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp sultanas
- 2 tbsp currants
- 1 tbsp mixed peel
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Sift flour and spice.
- Rub butter into flour with fingertips.
- Add sugar, fruit and peel.
- Mix with egg and sufficient milk to form a stiff dough.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture on greased oven tray (cookie sheet).
- Bake at 200°C until golden brown, 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.