Robert's Tuna Bake by Robert L. Card from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment published by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
This mild-flavored tuna dish is complemented with a tossed salad.
- Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 1 can (7 oz.) water-packed tuna, broken into small pieces
- 1 can (10 oz.) tomato soup
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ lb American or cheddar cheese
- 1 lb box of elbow macaroni, cooked
- Mix first four ingredients in saucepan and heat until cheese melts. Add macaroni to sauce and mix well.
- Pour into greased baking dish and bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Chicken Noodle Bake: Substitute cream of celery soup for tomato, 1 cup diced chicken for tuna, cooked noodles for elbow macaroni.