Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves: 4
Chicken filling Edit
- 1 large plump chicken breast
- ½ cup celery (tops and tender inside stalks)
- ½ medium white onion
- 2 or 3 peppercorns
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1½ large red onions
- ½ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Bean filling Edit
- Poach Chicken with celery tops, onions and peppercorns. Cook for about 15 minutes. Let cool and remove skin.
- When Chicken is skinned, slice or shred, then saute with olive oil in wok or large skillet until barely browned around the edges.
- Next add red and yellow peppers and red onions. Toss and saute for about 10 minutes. Watch closely so that peppers don't go limp.
- Add cilantro leaves.
- Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook beans in water for approximately 1 ½ hours on medium heat. Make sure that beans are completely covered in water. Stir occasionally. beans will absorb liquid and become soft. Add more water if needed. Add salt when beans are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat. Add chopped Onion. (onions will cook from the heat of the beans). Drizzle with olive oil. Let sit.
- Combine chicken and beans.
- Place in tortillas, top with salsa and serve.