Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A medley of vegetables mellowed with cream makes a pleasing first course for a holiday dinner. This soup can be made up to two days ahead. If it thickens too much, simply add a little extra chicken broth.
- 4 plum tomatoes, halved
- 2 small eggplants (about 1 pound each), quartered lengthwise
- 6 green onions, white and 1-inch green
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons fresh marjoram or 1¼ teaspoons dried
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place tomatoes, eggplants, green onions and garlic in a shallow roasting pan.
- Toss with oil and marjoram.
- Roast, turning occasionally, 40 minutes until vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
- When eggplants are cool enough to handle, scoop out pulp into a large saucepot; add remaining vegetables.
- Stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 35 minutes until vegetables are very soft.
- Purée soup in blender in batches.
- Return soup to saucepot.
- Stir in cream, salt and pepper.
- Heat through.