Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 1 pound eggplant, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- ½ pound medium fresh mushrooms, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
- 2 sweet red pepper, cut lengthwise into 6 pieces each
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Coat two 15" x 10" x 1" baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place eggplant and mushrooms on a prepared pan.
- Place the zucchini and red pepper on the second pan.
- Combine the oil and garlic; brush over both sides of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Turn vegetables over.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove eggplant and mushrooms.
- Bake zucchini and red pepper 5 – 10 minutes longer or until edges are browned.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg substitute.
- Spread about ¼ cup pasta sauce in a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer with four lasagna noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of vegetables, a third of pasta sauce and ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with half of basil.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with the remaining noodles and pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 – 10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 piece):
- 361 calories | 15g fat (6 g saturated fat) | 31mg cholesterol | 820mg sodium | 40g carbohydrate | 5g fiber | 19g protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat | 2 starch | 2 vegetable | 1 fat