Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 1 pound eggplant, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
- ½ pound medium fresh mushrooms, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into ¼-inch slices
- 2 sweet red pepper, cut lengthwise into 6 pieces each
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) container reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 (26 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Coat two 15" x 10" x 1" baking pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place eggplant and mushrooms on a prepared pan.
- Place the zucchini and red pepper on the second pan.
- Combine the oil and garlic; brush over both sides of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Turn vegetables over.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Remove eggplant and mushrooms.
- Bake zucchini and red pepper 5 – 10 minutes longer or until edges are browned.
- In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese and egg substitute.
- Spread about ¼ cup pasta sauce in a 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer with four lasagna noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of ricotta cheese mixture, half of vegetables, a third of pasta sauce and ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with half of basil.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with the remaining noodles and pasta sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 – 10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 piece):
- 361 calories | 15g fat (6 g saturated fat) | 31mg cholesterol | 820mg sodium | 40g carbohydrate | 5g fiber | 19g protein
- Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat | 2 starch | 2 vegetable | 1 fat