Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Roasted Sweet Onion Dip from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, licensed in the public domain
- Cook Time: About 20 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 large sweetonions (Vidalia or Walla Walla), peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 whole garlic head
- ⅓ cup nonfat sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Place onion in a medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with ½ teaspoon of the salt. Toss to coat.
- Remove white paper skin from garlic head but do not peel or separate cloves. Wrap and seal garlic head in foil.
- Place onion and garlic on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Chop onion and place in a medium bowl. Separate garlic cloves and squeeze out pulp then discard skins.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt, sour cream, cilantro and lemon juice to onion mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Serve with fresh vegetable sticks or pita chips.